Poetry Share in the Park
STARTING THIS SUNDAY We will be holding our first of a series of unofficial poetry event gatherings!
Each Sunday at 3 pm throughout the summer months, meet in front of the Francis Morrison Library. Once gathered, we will be crossing the street to share poetry on the grounds of City Hall. Everyone welcome to participate as audience or as poet/performer.
Accessibility and safety notes:
- This will be an un-miked event. We acknowledge this may make it difficult for hard of hearing participants, or for those who have auditory processing difficulties, and for that we preemptively apologize. We hope we have chosen a quiet enough location and that poets feel confident enough to speak such that everyone can hear.
- Public events are still limited to 30 people, max. If we find that our events exceed this number of people, or if we find there is difficulty hearing the performers, we may break into smaller groups to accommodate these limitations.
- Please observe social distancing with anyone outside your family unit. Wearing masks are a personal choice, but we recommend that you do for the safety of those around you. You are also encouraged to bring other things you may need for your safety and comfort: hand sanitizer, sunblock/umbrellas, chair or cushion for seating, beverages, etc.
- This event is (naturally) weather dependent! If you are unsure, check with our social media channel (https://www.facebook.com/TonightItsPoetry) for updates before you head out. We will have cancellation information set out at least an hour before the designated start time.
- Each performer will have roughly 5 minutes to share. We set this limit so that everyone will have the chance to speak and to be heard.
~Proudly performing on Treaty 6 Territory. Tonight it’s Poetry receives funding from SKArts~